Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sugar + Blender =


Did you know if you run out of powdered sugar that you can put white granulated sugar in a blender or food processor and blend it, that it will turn to powdered sugar?
I know powdered sugar is ground white sugar, and for some reason I just didn't realize that I could grind the sugar myself and make powdered sugar! I have always just bought it at the store. Isn't that where every mom gets their powdered sugar? Mine did! Well I was at my Mother in Laws a while back and she ground some sugar in her blender and made powdered sugar. I have learned so many little hints and tricks from her that I am thankful for. I was thankful I had learned this and I was able to grind up some sugar and make frosting for some cinnamon rolls chantel had made on sunday . I wish I could share the cinnamon rolls, but they are all gone now! Chantel can really bake and when she makes something they usually dont last very long!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

UMM who knew???? Thanks for the good tip, and I wish Chantel would come bake at my house, or raher my kids wish she would thier Mom rarely bakes.

Heather said...

I have never tried that, it is a helpful tidbit! :)

Herrington Happenings said...

Here's another one....
If you run out of brown sugar you can use one cup of granulated sugar to one or two Tablespoons of molasas mixed well with a fork. The darker the molasas the darker the sugar. Also if your brown sugar dries up, you can put it in an air tight container with a few apple slices, crackers or bread and it will soften up like new.