Friday, January 25, 2008

Overwhelmed??!!??!!

This week has been crazy! I cant tell whether I am overwhelmed, freaked out, or as usual making a mountain out of a molehill! To start out on my birthday I got sick! I have come down with a chest cold. My throat hurts and my kids are loving the fact that I am also loosing my voice and taking every advantage of it! So after my birthday lunch I veg and fall asleep with Kade on the couch! It was good to get a nap! I wake up later than I thought and the phone rings and it is my husband. He has been to the school to see Chantel at her Nation academic league game and is now at the chiropractor because he was in an accident between work and Taylor Jr high. Well the truck bed is pretty messed up and will need a new bed and bumper. The rest of the day goes good. I got flowers, the book "Eclipse" and a Costco cheese cake from my dear husband who somehow found time to get those things after all he had been through!



Thursday came and my husband had an endoscopy done because of his GERD. After the procedure the doctor brings me in and gives me the report. The dr. said he did good, BUT, he found some scar tissue that he did a biopsy on. He thinks it might be Barrett's syndrome. Barrett's syndrome is pre-cancer cells that grow in the esophagus and will either become cancer or will remain benign and be a bother to him the rest of his life. I am just a little freaked out because we have had 2 people in our ward die within the last year or two of esophageal cancer and another ward member who has it and doesn't have and esophagus any more and is miserable. If he has cancer all I can think of is how am I going to support three kids through every thing he has to go through and provide for a family! Ohh ..kay... I am really scared!
I dont think I will be all that easy until we get the results back on tuesday!


Well thanks for letting me get this off my chest and vent. I hope everyones day is going good!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

SO SORRY! When it rains it pours. I would be a basket case waiting for test results too. Read your book and try to keep your mind elsewhere if possibe. Easier said than done, I know!!!

Kriese Family said...

oh my!! You will definitely have to keep up updated... Our prayers are for your family. At least you do have a good book that can preocuppy your mind!! I didn't know you hadn't read Eclipse. I'm on page 493- so close to finishing it- I'm dying to know how this all pans out!! Hang in there!!

onehm said...

I hope that he's ok. I will have to check back and see how things are on Tuesday...Good luck!!

(And I'm glad that you chose the same word as me...we can work together!!)
;o)

onehm said...

Oh, and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

OH no! that is no good! hope it turns out to be OK! that sucks! and feel free to vent away!