Saturday, October 6, 2007

I love saturday mornings!









One of the reasons I love Saturday mornings is because we get to eat breakfast together as a family. I love it when we get to sleep in till 8:00 am. ( I know for some of you 8:00 is really early) After everyone is awake, I get to make pancakes! I love the smell of them cooking and the kids faces when they see what we are having. I Think it is the best time of the day, because the kids work together to get the table set and usually, no fighting while they do this. The kids like pancakes for breakfast, because they are just like the ones that Grandma Clara makes when we visit her. And everyone, except Brock, even likes the blended peaches on top! YUM!!!





I guess after all that I will have post the recipe!





Here it is:



2 cups of flour




1/2 cup of sugar




4 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder




1 teaspoon of salt




1/4 cup of butter




2 cups of milk




2 eggs









Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Mix in milk and melted butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Ladle about 1/3 cup of batter onto hot griddle. Bake until bubbles appear on top, turn and bake two or three minuts more or until done. Top with syrup or fruit topping of your choice.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

YUMMY!! I love the fun music SOOOO catchy:):)