Thursday, April 12, 2012

Distraction or torture?

Today I am trying to keep myself busy.  I have to go in for a colonoscopy tomorrow and I can't eat any solid foods.  So what do I do to torture myself?   I make my Mother in Law's recipe for Garden Salsa.  It looks and smells so good.  (Sorry no pictures) We had all the ingredients and they were going to go bad if I didn't do something with them today.  Here is the recipe. After I get to feeling better and  can eat again, maybe I will post a picture or two. 

Garden Salsa
16 cups Chopped Tomato's
1 Cup Chopped Green or Red Bell Pepper
2 cups of Chopped Onion.  (I used green onions)
7 ounces of Diced Green Chile's
2 Cups of grated Carrots
2 Teaspoons of Garlic powder ( I guess you could use fresh garlic)
    Salt to taste
1  Teaspoon of Oregano
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Cans of El Pato Sauce

Boil thirty Minutes.  Can be bottled and processed in a water bath for 25 minutes.

No comments: