Sunday, March 22, 2009

What do you think? and my own Personal Progress

I am working on getting my Young Women's Medallion again! I am working on getting it with my daughter! This is a wonderful experience as we do this together, we check up on each other and I think it helps us out to have a Buddie to do this with:) This will be something I will remember for a long time!

I am wondering if any of you would be willing to help me get one of my value experiences done?

I am in awe of all you wonderful mothers and I want to ask you what you think is an important attribute of being a mother and a wife, or what is an attribute you have seen in in someone else you admire and want to achieve?

you can either comment or email me at kaydee [underscore] m @ msn [dot] com.

4 comments:

michelle parker said...

hey i dont know you, and you dont know me, but we are both wifes and moms. the attribute i most wish i had and am working on is Patience. Patience seems to make everything better even when its not.

KayDee said...

Thank You Michelle!

Patience is a trait that I see in others and wish I had ALOT MORE OF!

Carrie said...

Hi KayDee,

I think the most important attribute is love. Of course that is very generic, but when I stop before I yell, and say I love you, any situations is brought into focus. When you treat love as an action, and focus on your husband with love, he is happier, and so are you. When you treat your kids with love, they are also happier. Other attributes can fall under the same heading as love, only manifested in different ways. I also agree that Patience is important (and I also am sadly lacking), and is a manifestation of love. When I do the dishes I can remember that I am showing my family love.

Thanks for making me think. :-)

Carrie

Herrington Happenings said...

Selflessness... This can be perceived in many ways. It can be going without so your children and husband can have things. It can be the constant sacrifices that we make as we do for them and forget ourselves. I have also learned another type of selflessness... Sometimes it is giving up having things done exactly the way you want it, when you want it, so you can allow them to learn to do for themselves. i.e.; Not going back to clean the toilet after they cleaned it so, they truly BELIEVE they did a good job. Or Letting the dishes sit all day in the sink, so they can learn how to be responsible enough to load and unload the dishwasher, even though you're going nuts because they aren't done. Or letting them help you with whatever you are doing, even though you would "just like to hurry and get it done" Because if you do,they will always enjoy doing it with you later in life.

Good luck working on it...don't you just love the new Virtue value! Awesome!!!!!